May 13, 2009

Crock pot potatoes recipe and a cookbook

I have a quick and easy, delicious recipe for Cheesy Crock pot Scalloped potatoes I want to share. Sorry no picture, gobbled em up to fast. This is my version (the mushroom free version).
5-6 medium potatoes
1 can cream of Chicken soup
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheese
1 tsp garlic salt (may want to add more depending on how salty you like em)
pepper (this is a to taste measurement, again depending on how peppery you like things)
1/4 cup flour
Peel and slice potatoes thinly. Place all ingredients in crock pot, stir to mix and coat everything and cook on high for about 4 -5 hours. I find it depends on your crock pot. I find recipes that say they will take 8-9 hours and in my crock pot it is done in 6. And I don't have some high tech crock pot. I guess mine just knows I have no time to waste. Once potatoes are done you can turn the heat down if you are not ready to eat them. If they seem to runny, add a bit more flour and continue cooking until the potatoes are bubbly. Also you need to stir these occasionally because they can scorch (maybe just in my speedy crock pot, I don't know). If you want you can add chunks of ham in with these for a complete meal.


Now for a cookbook recommendation. I just borrowed this cookbook (Family Dinner Cookbook, by Debbie G. Harman) from the Library yesterday and I am really impressed. Lots of recipes, a variety of recipes with some totally new ones, and recipes for all cooking levels. It has 2 downfalls however:
1. There are no pictures. That is not a problem for me, because really if the recipe doesn't have ingredients I like, I don't care how good the picture looks, I am not going to make it.
2. This cookbook contains probably the most disgusting sounding recipe I have ever heard of. In case you are reading this while eating lunch I won't get too graphic. Let me just say that some of the ingredients include: waffles, tuna, cream of mushroom soup, peas (and a few others) and it mentions the words "tuna gravy." Those are 2 words that should never be put together, tuna and gravy. I read it to my husband and he almost barfed and he eats spaghettio's cold.

Besides the one completely wrong and disgusting sounding recipe, I give the book 5 stars. Check it out if you are looking for something new.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. Well, I am not eating, but it still made me gag! Tuna gravy, yuck! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally laughed out loud when I read the line about greg. I can totally hear how you would say it. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gave you the One Lovely Blog award! Yay! http://laptopstolullabies.blogspot.com/2009/05/id-like-to-thank-academy.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I am bookmarking the little paper shoes! I have tons of baby shower ideas saved up for when one of my friends FINALLY decides to have baby!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...